29 October 2015

halloween lips featuring make up revolution

Top left wearing Make Up Revolution Velvet Rebel | Bottom left wearing Make Up Revolution Velvet Black Heart

So I am on the quest for some understated Halloween makeup to wear out at the weekend and there is no better time to experiment with dark colours than the 31st October. Just going out to the local pub where there are spooky cocktails and scary shots I have to look in the spirit.

I went down to Superdrug to see what I could pick up and came back with way more than necessary. I brought two of the Make Up Revolution Salvation Velvet lip lacquers in Rebel and Black Heart and I am super impressed with these. Rebel is a deep and dark magenta shade and Black Heart is a black purple stand out shade. The formulas of these are right up my street as they go on liquid and dry super matte. They are ultra long lasting and in the end I had to remove it with micellar water as I could no longer prance around the house with a deep purple black lipshade on a Sunday afternoon.They remind of me of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks which I have always loved due to their matte finishes and long lasting wear but at £3 they are a fraction of the price and have plans to go and pick up some more wearable shades.

I also picked up a lip kit from Freedom called 'Vamp Collection' these do what they say on the tin and offer a collection of dark Halloween shades, perfect to switch up your Saturday night. I really like the look of Dusk till Dawn which is a similar shade to Rebel and Vamp Noir which is a red shade but with an element of darkness. This kit was £5 from Superdrug and you are definitely getting lots of product for your money.

I am planning to try to create an ombre lip with the two make up revolution velvets on Halloween, teamed with a simple cat flick, lashes and face lace and after i've had a few spooky cocktails i'm sure I definitely will look more scary than when the night started!

1 comment:

  1. Your Blog, is amazing, im 14 and i have a blog of my own although i stuggle as it is mainly a beauty blog and sometimes i dont have the money to buy new products but your blog is inspriational and i hope one day to have a blog like yours!

    ReplyDelete