19 January 2015

Venturing into Makeup Revolution


So I've finally got involved in the Makeup Revolution hype and purchased a couple of pieces from my local Superdrug. First of all I have to say how drawn I am to the look of the products in lovely black sleek packaging and then when you take a closer look at the stand and see the prices things just get better. Obviously though one of the questions you have to ask is can these prices actually offer genuine quality products or is this just a brand where the product has been hyped up and suddenly everyone has just brought into this social media mayhem.

I picked up three products and things that I am a sucker for lately, nude lipsticks and a blush palette.

First of all I picked up the Ultra Blush and Contour palette in Hot Spice. I ummed and ahhed over which palette to pick up whether to go for the more peachy tones or the pinker Sugar and Spice palette. In the end the peachy one won, I couldn't tell you why but I'm happy with the choice I made. It has some lovely shades which can work together to create a slight contour and jazzed up to be more shimmery and sparkly depending what mood you're in. In the swatches above the first 8 shades from left to right are the blush palette and as you can see there's a mixture of pinky peaches, terracotta's, more muted dusky peachy pink shades and the paler shimmery highlights.

I then finished my little splurge with two nude lipsticks as we all have to admit we're eagerly trying to find the perfect Kylie Jenner lip shade, but I can justify this by them being  two different finishes.

The first lipstick was one of the £1 Amazing lipsticks in the shade The One, this is the paler of the two with a more beige finish. It went on smoothly and doesn't seem too drying so for a £1 it's a simple way to add some sophistication to your look. I'd say it would compliment a heavier eye nicely.

I went for one a little bit more expensive too, but barely breaking the bank. At £3 I picked up the Amazing Care Lipstick #happylips in Love a Hug. This one is a little bit darker and I would say more on trend than the other one. It has a core colour centre with a layer of Argan Oil around the outside. This is perfect for if you're looking for something with a little bit more care than your average lipstick and it is definitely not drying.

Overall I'm happy with my beginning with Makeup Revolution, I've already got my eye on the chocolate palettes, The One concealer and the Sugar and Spice blush palette.






No comments:

Post a Comment